8/2 – Austin Apple Admins Meetup @ Trusource Labs

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Hi everyone! I hope to see some of our Austin-based friends for our next meetup on August 2nd!

Our speaker will be Joel Rennich (@mactroll) of Trusource Labs, previewing content from his “Swift for shell scripters” talks that he’ll be giving at the 2016 JNUC and MacSysAdmin conferences. Joel will cover tips for migrating your code and apps from Bash to Swift, discussing “Why you may want to, what might go wrong, what might go write."

For those using JAMF’s Casper Suite, the talk will include bonus material for using Swift to interact with your JSS’s API.

The venue has a room with Mac Minis ready to use, so we will enjoy a real hands-on, lab-type environment for this meetup. Our hosts will also be providing food and drinks. Exciting!

RSVP on the JAMF User Group event page, or on EventBrite.

p.s. There is a Pokéstop nearby. Stock up on lures! ;)

1 REPLY 1

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Just a quick reminder about our meetup tomorrow! JAMF is lovingly providing tasty pizza, and there will be beer and soft drinks. I personally can't wait to see Swift in action and how it can interact with a JSS API.

We're also planning the fall for Austin Apple Admins and filling up the calendar. If you'd like to speak at our October meetup, please let me know by emailing austinappleadmns@gmail.com