802.1x - eapolclient popup issue

Captainamerica
Contributor II

0044f48ccb354df49e896e88e9bc4f43
Our 802.1x network has been working for more then a years, but again and again I have seen the isse, where users first time they connect got the attached image. The user certificate is located in the users login keychain - I don´t know if that has anything to do with it

We use network payload - and just asking me if this somehow can be stopped so this popup will not appear anymore.

ec2601fa4563403d8d565993533b1467

11 REPLIES 11

jameson
Contributor II

Actually I also have this issue - quite annoying. Anyone know if this is possible to solve?

joshuawillis
New Contributor

Seconded... having the same exact popup for a first time login. Did you all sort anything out?

Captainamerica
Contributor II

We actually had this issue for long time and some weeks ago made a apple support case. After sending logs etc, they just came back that this popup should actually not appear and it is a product issue. So they await more feedback from the the dev team

Seems very strange that for over an year no one else has rapported this and to my knowledge I can even find someone who managed to get this working without this eapolclient

so I await apple, but will propably take several releases before something is out

duff2481-1
New Contributor III

Has anyone seen an update to this?  We are still seeing this running 12.4

m_heide
New Contributor

I think, there is nothing happend.
I still can see this on 13.0.1 with an asking for AdminCred, as we have to deploy new machine certs (802.1x)

Didn't find any solution on my side...

Captainamerica
Contributor II

We now place certificates in system keychain - there no popup appear

Our certificates were already placed in system keychain and we're having this same issue. Prompt from eapolclient for access to the system keychain.

Are they well trusted ?

Jamfydodger
New Contributor

Also having this problem in 2024, why did this thread go dead ?

nanderson
New Contributor II

I'm also seeing this. I have submitted tickets to Apple and worked with Jamf. So far no solution...

grayw
New Contributor III

I've just been banging my head against this one, too. However, I have found that it only seems to happen when the “Remember this information” box is ticked. 

For this example, it's a Wi-Fi connection.

— Connect > Select Certificate > Untick “Remember this information”: No prompt

— Connect > Select Certificate > “Remember this information” ticked by default: Prompted

It makes sense, I suppose. It's trying to write that back to something in the system keychain where a standard user doesn't have permissions. Manually marking the certificates as “Always Trust” makes no difference.

Despite not selecting to remember, it seems to.