9.4 User-Initated Enrollment Option

jennifer
Contributor

Just finished installed 9.4 on a test machine, but I can't enroll my machines as I usually do. The user initiated enrollment option seems to be missing (at least from mine). The documentation shows that it has moved from 'Computer Management' to 'Global Management', but not for me (in either location).

Anyone else seeing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

You might want to go into your account in the JSS and check the privileges. Sometimes these upgrades cause you to not have the appropriate privileges to see items in the JSS. Its happened before.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

You might want to go into your account in the JSS and check the privileges. Sometimes these upgrades cause you to not have the appropriate privileges to see items in the JSS. Its happened before.

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@CasperSally I noticed that as well. The /enroll link still works and is a bit different that 9.3x. It actually gives feedback on what is happening.

jennifer
Contributor

@mm2270][/url Yup. Thanks! Hate it when I forget to check those.

Just as a note for anyone else that might see this:

In the last version, under permissions/JSS Settings there were two options "User Initiated for Computers" and "User Initiated for Mobile." In 9.4 they are combined into one, likely why it 'unchecked' it for me.