9.63 - Self Service

Carlos
New Contributor

Hi All,

I think I came across how to do this somewhere in the black hole that is the internet, but can't seem to find it again. Would anyone know if there is a way to display a message to a user when an app has been added to their Self Service app for them to download and install?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brandonusher
Contributor II

@Carlos ah, have you enabled them under "Settings > Computer Management > Self Service > Notifications"?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

brandonusher
Contributor II

Under the Self Service options for a Policy you can choose what notification settings to use when it's assigned to someone.

Carlos
New Contributor

@usher.br Thanks for the response. That's what I was thinking, but the notifications that I can set within the policy seem to be notifications that the user would see only after already being in Self Service and clicking on the app to install...like the "Start Message" and "Complete Message". I am looking for something more along the lines of; the user is not in Self Service, I enable a policy for Self Service and add the users computer into the scope, the user than gets a pop up or a bubble (some kind of notification) that a new app has been added to their self service for them to install.

brandonusher
Contributor II

/url">@Carlos][/url When looking at a policy, there are options to set a "Notification Subject" and "Notification Message". See here: [http://i.imgur.com/iRiJESn.png After you fill that information in, you can check the box for "Display notification in Notification Center"

Carlos
New Contributor

@usher.br Thanks for the screenshot, but interesting enough...I don't have those fields under my Self Service tab...below the "Select Existing Icon" button I have the "Feature the policy on the main page" check box....I don't have the Notification options. That's odd. Are you running 9.63?

brandonusher
Contributor II

@Carlos ah, have you enabled them under "Settings > Computer Management > Self Service > Notifications"?

Carlos
New Contributor

@usher.br That was it...didn't have it enabled. Thanks for the help. :)