9.65 okay?

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Anybody try 9.65 yet? any glaring issues?

22 REPLIES 22

brad
Contributor

We are having issues loading the Configuration Profiles page under Mobile Devices on our development JSS. I believe this is due to the new feature that is supposed to show the deployment status of each profile. I would guess this runs faster in smaller environments. We have 30,000 mobile devices and are see this behavior.

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Our config profile page loads fine with 1,000 mobile devices. I think you are right with it being the number of devices.

I am not able to enroll any mobile devices through configurator or user initiated. DEP works fine. Not sure if it's 9.65 or not. It was working before updating to 9.64 then 9.65.

---------------
Update

I had to rebuild my enrollment profiles after updating to 9.65 and create a new back up to restore from in configurator. Looks good now.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

We are going to grab a couple core storage enabled Macs to make sure Casper Imaging is able to drop an OS on them.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

I am still seeing issues with a couple of clients where Casper Imaging 9.65 (and going back to 9.63) fully images a machine, but it receives none of the config profiles scoped to it. Using Casper Imaging 9.62, everything works fine, so I do not believe this to be a network issue. Trying to work with JAMF Support to get to the bottom of this...

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@RobertHammen - in management history, are you seeing unable to decrypt profile? if so, there's a defect that didn't make the known issues list yet for that

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=11579

sanggil
New Contributor

Has anyone checked out the size of Recovery HD partition after imaging with configurations that have the partition option set?
I've found Casper Imaging made 12GB or 25GB of partition for Recovery HD. And in addition to the initial size issue, if I image it again the size of the partition increases. It was reported as a defect (D-008377) and I've been using Casper Imaging v9.62 because of it. I am still able to see the issue with Casper Imaging v9.65.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I haven't seen it myself but I've heard a few people saying that Casper Imaging can't mount the distribution points with 9.65.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Yep, seeing it here too. I need to upload an image, but Casper Imaging isn't allowing it. I tried setting the DP to AFP, didn't work. Tried SMB, didn't work. Thought maybe something broke on the DP server, but mounts fine in Finder.

Also see:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=13478

--

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

(duplicate)

--

jmercier
Contributor II

Actually mine mounts que afp share.. but still stuck with the same defect...

casper imaging erase the drive... but after won't lay down the image yosemite on it, goes through and then freezes and leave the drive empty

jgrubbs
New Contributor III

We are having an issue mounting the share with Casper Admin, wouldn't upgrade just yet.

nateburt
New Contributor III

Red Hat VM (single server - no JDS) updated to 9.65 from 9.63 - using SMB for shares. No problems encountered with Admin, Imaging, or otherwise.

carmelolopez
Contributor

I have a 10.10.3 beta 3 machine and I can't get Remote 9.65 to work, keeps crashing.
Anybody seen this?
with 10.9 or 10.10.2 no issues
best
Carmelo

dmw3
Contributor III

Personally, I would give this update a miss until some bits are sorted.

Having many problems that have been outlined in discussions in this forum.

scottb
Honored Contributor

@carmelolopez - yes, same here. Have to use 9.62 for the moment.
We have lots of other issues too. What a(nother) mess for an upgrade...

scottb
Honored Contributor

Ae currently are seeing issues with 9.65 and SMB Shares using Self Service. The share will either mount and work once, or it will not work at all because the Mac appears to have a CasperShare already mounted, which it does not. We have a case open with JAMF, but for the time being, we have no Self Service and possibly issues with Imaging app as well. Will update as we learn more.

Simmo
Contributor II
Contributor II

On 9.65, haven't encountered any of the above issues.

ndempsey
New Contributor II

@carmelolopez, @boettchs

I'm seeing the same thing:

Casper Remote 9.65 crashes, couldn't try Casper Remote 9.64, Casper Remote 9.63 crashes.

Casper Remote 9.62 works just fine.

scottb
Honored Contributor

BTW, if you are having issues with Self Service and SMB Shares (DP's) we have made a change that has alleviated this issue for us (so far):

Change the DNS names of the servers to the IP address(es) in the JSS.
Since doing that Self Service has been functional as is Imaging and Admin.

See JAMF Defect: D-008630

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I'll chime in too. I am NOT seeing any of the Casper Remote or other related performance issues. With that said I AM NOT using Casper Imaging 9.65. and hence cannot speak to any of those issues.

Additionally I try to stay AFP for now. I;d love to go SMB but at the moment I've got OS X 10.9 DPs and we all know how SMB "works" on those.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

FYI, JAMF Support told me to avoid using the following characters in passwords used to mount distribution points.

$ (dollar sign)
: (colon)
/ (slash)

I suggested that they add this to the relevant portion of the Administrator's Guide/as a KB article.

scottb
Honored Contributor

After changing over Distribution points to use IP instead of DNS, I got rid of all the issues with Self Service.
Given that, I still had Casper Admin crash almost every time I tried to replicate DP's, and higher than usual numbers for failed policies.

Today, I rid the system of passwords with any special characters and went uppercase/lowercase/numerals. Now, I can replicate all the DP's with no Casper Admin crashes. Still on 9.65, but I wanted to put this out there for the record.

Hoping now that all the gotchas are gone for future upgrades...