Accelerated Reader URL in profile

polo
New Contributor

Hello all,

New to the community and just needed some help.

Trying to push Accelerated Reader app to the devices with the URL
already in place. Wondering if anyone knows the script for App Configuration to integrate the Accelerated Reader URL to the student profiles.
Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

orangefieldisd
New Contributor

I have reached out to Renaissance Learning support asking them if they provide the ability to plug in the XML code to set this configuration setting. As soon as I receive a response, I will post what they say.

orangefieldisd
New Contributor

They responded to my email asking for my URL we use to connect and they would forward my request on to their development team. There are a number of schools requesting this.

So from this exchange with them, I assume there is no way to do it currently.

polo
New Contributor

Thank you! I appreciate that the information!

halewg
New Contributor

Any news from Renaissance Support?

lubkens05
New Contributor II

Bump/following. Very interested to hear if RenLearn has developed this feature.

lubkens05
New Contributor II

There's a semi-workaround, not JSS-related but for those visiting this thread for a solution, try this (from http://doc.renlearn.com/KMNet/R005391325B369CA.pdf)

Share Settings with One or More Devices

Instead of typing the web address or RPID on each mobile device, you can share the
settings of one device with one or more devices, enabling students to start quizzing more
quickly. To share the settings of one device (such as a teacher mobile device) with one or
more devices (such as student mobile devices), follow these steps.

1. On the teacher’s device, tap Share My Settings. Keep this screen up on the device whose settings will be shared as you complete the following steps.
  2. On the student’s device (that will be using the shared settings for AR quizzing), launch the AR app.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Find Shared Settings.
  5. Tap the settings you want the student’s device to use. You will go back to the Settings screen and the connection will be validated.
  6. Tap Done to go to the student login screen.
  7. If you don’t have any more devices to share settings with, go to step 8. If you do have more devices to share settings with, repeat steps 2 through 6 on each device.
  8. Back on the teacher’s device, tap Settings on the Share My Settings screen, then tap Done to stop sharing your settings and go to the student login screen. (Your students will still be connected through your shared settings and will be able to quiz.)

falconerj
New Contributor

I just got off the phone with Renaissance and they told me that the Accelerated Reader app is no longer supported and has been discontinued. They informed me to use the URL in a web browser and that they support Safari. I created a Web Clip and it seems to be working great.