Active Directory LDAP Syncing

Not applicable

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to force an LDAP sync or how to edit the frequency of syncing? More to the point, I am trying to scope a managed preference to an user in the "restricted" group and the JSS doesn't show the group.

Thanks!

Pat Best

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Springfield Public Schools

4 REPLIES 4

JPIIHS
New Contributor

Having the same issue... wondering how long changes in AD take to propagate to the JSS. I created a user group that I want to assign a config to and it's been 30 minutes, but I still can't see the group.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

I thought JSS did live lookups? I hope JSS isn't trying to sync to LDAP. :)

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

That was my understanding too.

Can you see the group on the server the JSS is pointing too?

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@bentoms A few years ago I was hired by [EDIT]client name removed; LinkedIN is your friend <g>[/EDIT] for a project to get their Mac environment migrated from OS9 to OSX. The project manager read some Apple white paper and recommended syncing OD with AD (augmented records, cylinder of destiny, etc.). It was an incredibly bad idea.

After some round table head-butting with all parties (project manager, Apple SE, AD admins and myself), sensibility prevailed and the standard "golden triangle" was implemented (AD for authentication; OD for MCX). If AD plugins were more mature back then we would have gone down that route and saved a LOT of money.

Anyway, I hope JSS isn't syncing to AD... ;)

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com