AD Binding Help

landerson
New Contributor

I'm manually binding new iMacs to AD, the only problem is it won't allow students to login in consistently. Keeps saying network not available. I'm on OS 10.9.4.

Help!!!

3 REPLIES 3

spotter
New Contributor III

to edit my original post... I had the same similar issues and solved it by putting in place a 802.1x CP which solved a similar issue you are experiencing along with allowing a new user to login with no problems...

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Are you seeing this even after the Mac has been booted up and running for at least a minute or two? I ask because unfortunately there are cases where the network interface (built in or external dongle) doesn't get initialized until a few moments after the Mac is up. its generally more prevalent of an issue with external dongles, but the problem can happen even on built in Ethernet like on iMacs. What happens if you unplug the network cable and plug it back in?

Also, what is your imaging process like? Assuming you're imaging these Macs, its possible some network related settings from the Mac you created your base image from was left in the image, which can cause problems when applied to new systems.

jaferguson
New Contributor II

For us this issue is often caused by a time discrepancy between the client and the domain controller. I have directed my techs to verify correct time and date on the computers whenever they encounter a no login situation.