AD Binding Not Working

Bill_Hofius
New Contributor III

Greetings!

I have been testing using JAMF to manage our Macs. (We use it manage iPads and AppleTVs.)

All of our PCs use AD for user authentication and I would like to do the same with our Macs. I am hoping that by being able to get our Macs on AD, we can move our organization from PCs to Macs. (Currently PCs are securely managed through AD as well as ConnectWise for patching and remote access by our 3rd party IT vendor. Our Macs also have ConnectWise installed by our 3rd party vendor. Ultimately I want to move everything in-house and away from ConnectWise.)

I can manually bind a Mac to our AD setup and it seems to work. I have to set Login Options to display user name and password. The Mac will not show the Other login option unless a local user signs in and then signs out. (Probably a binding configuration error on my part or something in AD?)

Anyway, I tried to deploy an AD Binding configuration to a Mac I use for testing. It seems to deploy successfully but it does not work. The does not bind, isn't bound, to AD.

I've followed the steps as best I can from the support document but I do not know enough to know what I might be missing. Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

spotmac
New Contributor III

@Bill_Hofius what is the error message in the Management Tab from the Computer view. 
You have to provide some more details to solve your problem.

Bill_Hofius
New Contributor III

@spotmac There are no errors in JAMF under the Management tab.

Bill_Hofius
New Contributor III

@spotmac Management Tab? Computer view?

Bill_Hofius
New Contributor III

@spotmac What I can tell you is that on the Mac side, when I go to System Preferences > Users and Groups > Login Options instead of showing the name of the AD server after the Network Account Server option it simply shows a Join... button.