AD User Login Delay (Mavericks)

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

One of our technicians just pointed out an issue that I have yet to confirm is limited to Mavericks. The issue is that upon logging in with an Active Directory user account, the computer will hang with a prompt which states, "Updating managed settings..."

I've included a screenshot below. We've never had any issues with AD accounts logging in previously and currently we are only using one Configuration Profile policy which disables certain System Preferences panes. The window will sometimes close after 30+ seconds and other times it will sit there until you press OK. After pressing OK the login resumes normally.

Has anybody run into this? Is there a workaround?

external image link

8 REPLIES 8

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

@jhbush1973 Excellent. Thank you very much.

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

@jhbush1973 I get the following error from that script. Are you currently running this script in your environment?

The domain/default pair of (/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mdmclient, BypassPreLoginCheck) does not exist

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

Well, @rtrouton's pkg works, but when I try to run the script it fails.

KatieE
Contributor
Contributor

@cstout Hi Christopher,

This issue should be addressed in both OS 10.9.2 and JSS 9.3. Check out this thread for more info:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=8777

If you're fully up to date and still seeing this message with protracted login times, please contact your Account Manager.

Thanks!
katie

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

@kenglish, Yes, I am using a 10.9.2 image with JSS 9.3 and this is still happening. I'll send this thread over to my account manager. Thanks for the heads up.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hi all,

Our JSS is clustered & is externally accessible.

We see this issue still on 10.9.2/3 dev & 9.3 JSS under the following circumstances.

1. Logging in externally when connected to a slow internet connection.
  2. logging in externally when there is an issue with the JSS.

rcorbin
Contributor II

Just about to do a deployment of 10.9.2 MacBook Pro's. Started seeing this issue today when testing a final build. Didn't really come up until we were testing it with a server based or Mobile account. (OD - OS X Server). We are still running Casper 9.25. I was originally holding of on 9.3 as there seemed to be a few issues out there. Then with 9.31 I was thinking of waiting till after this deployment. But maybe I'm going to 9.31 sooner than I thought. Is 9.3.x working ok for most of you ?