Add computers to site

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I have a group of people that need remote access to a handful of macs. However, I don't wnat to give them access to all macs. My thought was to create a group with remote rights, add them to that, and then Create a "Site" with the machines they need access to in there.

Then grant that group that specific site access.
However I can't find a way to add a machine to the site.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

pblake
Contributor III

You can set computers to a site in Recon.

View solution in original post

jon_hovland
New Contributor
New Contributor

Alternatively, after the creation of the site, if you go to an existing computer and click the edit button in the information pane while the general tab is selected, you'll be able to select a site from the site drop down.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pblake
Contributor III

You can set computers to a site in Recon.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

thanks! that's what I was looking for!

jon_hovland
New Contributor
New Contributor

Alternatively, after the creation of the site, if you go to an existing computer and click the edit button in the information pane while the general tab is selected, you'll be able to select a site from the site drop down.

pblake
Contributor III

@jon.hovland - That is absolutely correct as well.

sgoetz
Contributor

I dont' suppose any knows of a way to do this in BULK. I don't want to individually click 1000 computers to update the SITE feild. :( :(

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@sgoetz Do a search to pull them all up, scroll down and click "Action" and use "Edit the site" as the action to take. Click Next and you will see a drop down with all your Sites listed.