Adding a title to jamf displayMessage

Simmo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is it currently possible to add a message within the title bar of the jamf displayMessage command?
I would really like to be able to put the school name in the titlebar to let users know who the message is from, currently I am adding an extra line to the message, but I don't really like that way of doing it, I feel a title bar would be much nicer.

If it's not currently available, is there a feature request for it? I couldn't see one.
If not, I will create one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bmodesitt
New Contributor II

You could use jamfHelper

There's some more discussion on this here

Alternatively, you could just create an AppleScript that displays a dialog before and/or after policy execution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bmodesitt
New Contributor II

You could use jamfHelper

There's some more discussion on this here

Alternatively, you could just create an AppleScript that displays a dialog before and/or after policy execution.

Simmo
Contributor II
Contributor II

@bmodesitt Hmm, I wasn't aware of jamfHelper, though I am not a huge fan of the appearance of the window, I prefer that of the displayMessage command, it's more 'Apple'

But I suppose if it does what I need, then I can't complain.

Not applicable

There's also terminal-notifier or Yo.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I found out from someone else that you can also call the built in Management Action.app directly and control the text and title in a script. Although its not as customizable as the other tools, it also doesn't have the same issue that terminal-notifier often has where you need to call it as the user with launchctl bsexec to get it to show up.

/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/Management Action.app/Contents/MacOS/Management Action -title "School IT" -subtitle "Your attention is required" -message "This is a message"