Adding more than one cloud distribution point

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

As of Jamf Pro 10.11.1, you can only set up one cloud distribution point on AWS's S3 service and it is created by default in AWS's US-East-1 region. However, I would like to be able to set up a second cloud distribution point, to better support offices in Mainland China.

Please provide the ability to set up:

1. One or more additional cloud distribution points on AWS's S3 service.
  2. Automatic synchronization of non-master cloud distribution points with a master cloud distribution point.
3 REPLIES 3

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@rtrouton I suspect the intention is that distribution via CloudFront CDN would eliminate the need to have regional S3 buckets. Not that it wouldn't be nice to have the option if you didn't want to use CloudFront...

rtrouton

I do have CloudFront enabled on my existing cloud distribution point, which makes distribution a lot easier on a global scale. However, CloudFront edge locations are currently not available inside of China.

rtrouton

I also goofed initially by making this a discussion post rather than a feature request. I also now have a feature request filed:

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/8520/adding-more-than-one-cloud-distribution-point