Adobe Acrobat DC License

vishelp
New Contributor III

Is anyone out there using Adobe Acrobat DC with an enterprise license? We have a site license deployed to all macs in our environment with an installation of Adobe DC which is required for all employees here to do their jobs.

Adobe just renewed the license so I need to apply the new license to Adobe DC on all of our macs. Does anyone know of a way to do this silently and without completely uninstalling Adobe DC and reinstalling it?

I'll have to be able to push this through a policy in JAMF because there are far too many clients to do it any other way.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

zinkotheclown
Contributor II

If you have creativeCloudPackager, you can create a License Package with your new license.

Once downloaded, you will receive these files: AdobeSerialization, helper.bin, prov.xml, and RemoveVolumeSerial.

You should package these files in the /tmp directory using Composer and then have a postinstall script to run these two commands:

To remove old license

/tmp/RemoveVolumeSerial

To install new license

/tmp/AdobeSerialization

You can download the AdobeExpiryCheck (https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/volume-license-expiration-check.html) and also install it on your clients in /usr/local/bin and create an extension attribute to create smart groups to determine which devices to update.

View solution in original post

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Here is what my package looks like. The sudos are overkill, but it all works for me.
6430321a68af4e05870eaacad2275073
603420ec9c3d41e19125c806d29445a4

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

zinkotheclown
Contributor II

If you have creativeCloudPackager, you can create a License Package with your new license.

Once downloaded, you will receive these files: AdobeSerialization, helper.bin, prov.xml, and RemoveVolumeSerial.

You should package these files in the /tmp directory using Composer and then have a postinstall script to run these two commands:

To remove old license

/tmp/RemoveVolumeSerial

To install new license

/tmp/AdobeSerialization

You can download the AdobeExpiryCheck (https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/volume-license-expiration-check.html) and also install it on your clients in /usr/local/bin and create an extension attribute to create smart groups to determine which devices to update.

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Here is what my package looks like. The sudos are overkill, but it all works for me.
6430321a68af4e05870eaacad2275073
603420ec9c3d41e19125c806d29445a4

c_archibald
Contributor II

Didn't work for us. Gave us the same expiration date, even though we verified our license is good months into next year, this SN# says it expires next month. Yes I removed, verified there was none as it asked to start the 30day trial, the ran to put in the SUPPOSED updated version, which it is not.

vishelp
New Contributor III

zinkotheclown, Thanks for the help, I didn't know you could add postflight scripts to a PKG in Composer. I've got a working licensing PKG now and will be pushing it out through a JAMF policy.

Good idea on the extension attribute too, I'll whip up one of those soon too to check to make sure it is actually working

mvu, the screenshots helped a lot to visualize the structure, much appreciated. What software are you using to make those edits? I did mine in Composer but it didn't look like that.

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

I used Composer to build the package + postflight script and then dumped it into an app called Suspicious Package (what you see in screenshots).

https://www.mothersruin.com/software/SuspiciousPackage/get.html

c_archibald
Contributor II

Took us a bit, but we did get a response from an Adobe rep that gave us info with an updated SN. So far tested on my machine, now making the package & POST .sh for running removal, serialization, & removal of files. The odd thing is, unlike before, the expiry check says no expiring/expired SN found. Would be nice to see the date ANYWAYS to verify. ;

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

We see the same thing. Maybe you can verify by logging into the Adobe console, license management?