Adobe Acrobat pro 9

Bukira
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else had problems with acrobat pro 9 or know how to successfully install it,

There are no composer diffs for 9

I have made a package with Composer and got passed the crashing on launch for network users by redirecting the Application support folder, and have got passed the requiring admin password on first launch with the self heal stuff.

But now it requires the serial number putting in on first launch.

I made the composer package by installing, applying the updaters and then launching and serializing, but when i push the package out via self service or casper remote it requires a serial input on first launch.

Anyone else had this issue or any tips

Criss Criss Myers
Senior Customer Support Analyst (Mac Services)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator v10.5
LIS Business Support Team
Library 301
University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR1 2HE
Ex 5054
01772 895054

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Chris,
On Oct 5, 2009, at 8:17 AM, Criss Myers wrote:
does your package for Acrobat 9 include the /LIbrary/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/ folder?
I think this is the folder that holds the license file database for all of the products.

Lance Ogletree
lanceo at mac.com

Bukira
Contributor

I'll check tomorrow but don't think composer found that with a new and modified file snapshot

Cheers

Criss

Not applicable

Adobe's licensing is pretty goofy at times.
We had both a stand alone license for Acrobat 9 as well as the CS 4 suite. Layering CS 4 on top of an already deployed Acrobat 9 had no ill effects. Just make sure that the components are updated.
Our fun began with dropping Acrobat 9 on top of a CS 3 deployment. Since they use the same license database, deploying Acrobat 9 after CS 3 would break the CS 3 licensing.
What we had to do was to install and license CS 3 first. Install Acrobat 9 and license it, then package Acrobat 9 with the PCD folder which would then hold the combine license information for both CS 3 and Acrobat 9.
Not pretty, but worked.

Not applicable

That should work. Like you said, the key is to making sure that all On Oct 6, 2009, at 7:58 AM, Criss Myers wrote:
licensing is contained within the PCD database file so it can be packaged up as part of a base deployment.
Using this method, you could then create multiple deployment packages. One could be the base install, everything but the applications. Then just add/remove application folders as needed to get the combination of deployed apps you want.
Has a bit more overhead keeping things up to date, but should work.

Lance Ogletree
lanceo at mac.com