Adobe CC Serialization Update

cmeyers
New Contributor II

We have been informed that we need to update our Adobe Creative Cloud license to a new perpetual license. Some of our end users are beginning to see warnings that their versions of various adobe products will expire in 30 days. I have used the creative cloud packager tool to create a License package. It does not create a .pkg file but instead a folder with two executable files, one for removing the the current license and one for updating to the new license. I have put this folder on a shared drive. I want to create a script to copy these files from the shared drive to multiple machines and run them to update the license. Several of these machines are frozen so I would want to use Jamf remote to schedule this script to be ran during their weekly maintenance time. I am thinking scp could work but am having trouble figuring out the details. Any suggestions on the script or even other options for pushing the executable files to run in order would be much appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

CapU
Contributor III

Look here:
Serialize Adobe Products using generated file
I created the .pkg with a post-install script in Composer. Boom done

cmeyers
New Contributor II

This is why I love Jamf Nation thanks @CapU

CapU
Contributor III

@cmeyers You should have seen the looks on the Windows guys faces when I announced after 5 minutes of work I had built, tested and deployed the package.