adobe creative cloud log off scripts

abby7264
New Contributor II

Hi all,
I am trying to write a bash script for logging out of adobe creative cloud desktop app.
I could not find anything solid on google or any other websites.
So any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

kowsar_ahmed
Contributor

Why do you want to log out of CC Desktop app?

pete_c
Contributor III

Running

osascript -e 'tell application "Adobe Desktop Service" to quit'

..as either the logged in user, sudo -u that user, or from root returns:

44:48: execution error: Adobe Desktop Service got an error: User canceled. (-128)

..but does close the Adobe Creative Cloud utility regardless of whether it was still attached to the menu bar or opened as a separate window.

abby7264
New Contributor II

Its quitting the adobe not signing out with the same error as shown above.When I insert sudo command before the command ,its asking for password and giving the same error .
If I insert sudo -u before the command its giving error below

sudo: unknown user: osascript
sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

what I can do to make it work ,any help would be greatly appreciated!

abby7264
New Contributor II

I am trying to form a policy in jamf to push out to 100 computers

SFRANCIS004
New Contributor III

Has anyone figured this out for CC2019 using Shared Device Licensing? Over 75% of our iMacs are classroom computers where students log in with AD accounts.

andrew_shur
New Contributor III

I am also looking for a solution to log out of creative cloud on log off. I found this: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/32615/adobe-cc-shared-lab-log-out-issues

The login looks to be stored as a Secure Note inside the Keychain. I cannot seem to find a way to delete Secure Notes from Terminal without deleting the whole login keychain.

andrew_shur
New Contributor III

summoner2100
Contributor

@andrew.shur Oh, thanks.. I'm going to test this today. If that works you saved me a headache in a lab.