Adobe RUM is not keeping all Adobe CC products up-to-date

cnelson
Contributor

So I have a policy that runs 

/usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager

once a week. I've noticed lately that not all apps are updating to the latest with this method but most are. So I ran it manually on a computer I know wasn't fully updated. The output said no available updates, you are fully updated. But I know that it's not, comparing it to Patch Management. What's weirder is that when I log into the machine and open Adobe CC Desktop app, it says it's up to date with an out of date version number.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Has anyone else seen something like this or have a working process of keeping you Adobe CC products up-to-date?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cnelson
Contributor

I just downloaded the latest Adobe RUM from Adobe Admin Console and once I replaced /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager and HUM.dylib on the machine, I could run /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager from ARD as root and the updates finally happened!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/remote-update-manager-mac-not-updating-cc-apps/m-p/1...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

c_archibald
Contributor II

I have noticed even using the RUM updater, Adobe still doesn't fully update. But it makes sure you have the CC App installed even though some can't even use it.

cnelson
Contributor

I just downloaded the latest Adobe RUM from Adobe Admin Console and once I replaced /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager and HUM.dylib on the machine, I could run /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager from ARD as root and the updates finally happened!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/remote-update-manager-mac-not-updating-cc-apps/m-p/1...

This may be just a temporary solution. If RUM doesn't update itself over time, I may have to do this again.

c_archibald
Contributor II

Our issue is License related, that it can not be updated via CC App, so say Adobe. Yet it forces RUM to install the App & runs all that Adobe junk in the background. Good to see you got your immediate issue fixed.

sgunther
New Contributor

Hate to dig up an old thread, but how did you deploy the new RUM to the correct location and deploy the HUM.dylib to the correct location? 

You can either use Apple Remote Desktop to copy them over or create a package using Composer. 

RUM: /usr/local/bin/RemoteUpdateManager

HUM.dylib: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/HDBox