After Mac enrolment , we need to restart ac to get create of Jamf.log file.

sathishvana
New Contributor II

Hi,

We did setup a Lab for testing in On-Prem Env with Jamf 10.12.0, did everything but we have issue like after Mac Enrolment we need to restart the mac to get create of Jamf.log file. is anything I missed here?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Sathish

5 REPLIES 5

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I think we need some more info to help you out? How are enrolling? how are installing the OS? Are you deleting the machines after a failed test?

C

sathishvana
New Contributor II

Hi @gachowski , thanks for the response . Just few days back we had setup this test lab, we are enrolling Mac with URL based ( /enroll ). We have not installed any OS in client Mac as these are new Macs. This issue is not only with one client, I had checked with 3 clients but issue is the same for all. So we are suspecting issue with some settings in server itself but not sure. Please let me know if you need any more details.

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

@sathishvana

Sorry I didn't follow up right way this is kinda tricky, did you figure out why? My 1st idea was the account on the mac wasn't the only account?

C

sathishvana
New Contributor II

No @gachowski , still we have this issue. There 2 user accounts are available, with both accounts I have tried but no luck. Even I have tried with other Macs also but issues is the same.

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I would try the setting under "User-Initiated Enrollment" .. are the certs set up like you want? is the management account password match the password rules? I usually start with a short fake user and password for testing.

Also is one of the accounts the root account? Apple the past few OS have had a hard time getting that work correctly. I would leave that un-enable (factory default) while testing.

C