Airplay Apple tv to Macbook Lag/Delay

jamfmdm
New Contributor

We are having issue airplay Apple tv 4k to macbook, everytime we airplay our macbook and watch some youtube there is a Lag/delay on the video and sound but if we remove it on the airplay mode everything is working fine. We tried to restart the apple tv and it work fine, we are just wondering do we need to restart the apple tv everyday to fix the lag/delay issue?

8 REPLIES 8

ICTMuttenz
Contributor

Hi, which browser do you use play a YouTube Video?

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

I have found that doing a reboot of the Apple TV seems to really help. This is something that has been talked about for years with the Apple TV but has not been addressed by Apple.

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Where do you have the sound coming from? To get around the lag, I play the audio through the MacBook instead. If I need louder sound, I connect speakers to the headphone jack on the Mac.

Not a great solution, but it works.

jamfmdm
New Contributor

@ICTMuttenz We are using google chrome for streaming in youtube.

jamfmdm
New Contributor

@mvu But we are using airplay, it's just happening for streaming youtube video but once we disconnect the airplay everything works fine.

jamfmdm
New Contributor

@Dylan_YYC I wish they fix this issue, or apple should address us how to fix this delay issue.

ICTMuttenz
Contributor

Did you test with a antoher browser?

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Right, so when you Airplay, try hitting the sound icon in the Menu Bar. Select your internal speakers, so only your display is on Airplay.

If that works, usually I connect regular speakers into the laptop for better sound.