AirPlay Missing

Call0149
New Contributor

I have one ipad 4 on current ios. It does not have Airplay anymore. Does anyone know how to get it back? This iPad is not supervised by JSS.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

It only appears if it is in range of an Airplay device (by range I mean on the same IP subnet). Could it be connected to the wrong wifi network?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

It only appears if it is in range of an Airplay device (by range I mean on the same IP subnet). Could it be connected to the wrong wifi network?

tcam
Contributor

Yes by default bonjour is ip subnet; but the current gen of apple tvs, ios, mac os cant discover apple tvs over iBeacon. Aka Peer-to-peer AirPlay

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4437

Jorquera
New Contributor

Iam also having the same problem. We have enrolled IPad's into JSS and now Airplay is not showing. IPad's that have not been enrolled into JSS are picking up airplay and the Apply TV's. They are all on the same network

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

it sounds like the iPads are either being connected to a different wifi network once they enrol, or the "Restrict AirPlay destinations (Supervised Only)" option is being applied once they are enrolled.

millersc
Valued Contributor

Is the Airplay/Airdrop location completely empty? Or does Airdrop show up but not Airplay when your on the correct wifi network?

Jorquera
New Contributor

Only Airdrop shows. DAVID where is the Restrict AirPlay destinations (supervised only) setting. Can not find it in the configuration section of JSS

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

It's in the Airplay section of the Mobile Devices configuration profile.