Amazon S3 encryption

timdsmith72
New Contributor II

Hello! 

I saw yesterday that JN-I-16521 was listed as "Implemented."  
https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-16521

I was thinking S3 encryption should work now but It doesn't appear to.

I updated our Test Jamf instance (On Prem) to the latest version and turned on encryption for our S3 bucket.  When I upload a package with Jamf Admin to our On-prem DP and then try to replicate it to the S3 Distribution Point, I get a the progress bar of it seeming to copy out, then I get a message saying the replication is complete.  But when I go look in the bucket, the package is not there.  This is exactly the same thing we saw before the above feature request was Implemented.  The only way I could get it to work before was turn encryption back off.  Our Security organization is quite unhappy about the bucket having to be unencrypted so I was really hoping this would work.  

3 REPLIES 3

timdsmith72
New Contributor II

In case anybody else is wondering.  It will work with Default encryption.   It just won't work with our provisioned key.  Our Security Organization is still not completely happy but they're less unhappy.  

Reido
New Contributor II

I'm having this exact same problem.  You said these issues were before the fix so it's working for you now??  I'm new to AWS so a little confused. It appears server-side encryption is now always on for buckets.  Are you saying you were not able to use the access key created the user used for jamf access?

timdsmith72
New Contributor II

Only with default encryption.  Not with a key provisioned by your security Team.