Any way to report on Configuration Profile installation without recon

May
Contributor III

Hi all,

I'd like to create a smart group based on whether a configuration profile is installed or not,
i can us an Extension attribute to check at each recon but would like a way that's almost instant, so once the Configuration has been installed the computer will join the smart group.

The Computer record > Management > Configuration Profiles updates immediately and is not dependent on recon, is there a known way to use this reporting as part of a smart group ?

3 REPLIES 3

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

MDM is supposed to update Config Profiles immediately in the JSS. Recon is supposed to confirm and verify that what MDM reports is accurate.

May
Contributor III

Thanks @bpavlov

Is there any way to create a smart group that's based on the JSS MDM Config reporting ?

What i'd like to achieve is having the smart group update as soon as the config is installed or removed, not wait for recon to run before the smart group can update.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Smart groups are based off the inventory of active computers. MDM does update inventory as far as config profiles are concerned. And Config Profiles were added as a criteria option for smart groups recently (I think v9.98 ?).