Anybody using CmdReporter?

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

Anybody using CmdReporter? If not what tools are you using to report the logs back to a central server?

Thanks

C

5 REPLIES 5

golbiga
Contributor III
Contributor III

We're using it. What did you want to know?

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

@golbiga

Everything! : )

Just sound bites, Are you happy with it? is it easy to deploy? Did your user notice when it was installed? Any issues?

Thanks

C

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

We're trialing it now.

Running into a few issues, but they're on our side with our backbone architecture. Agent itself seems to be working exactly as advertised, and the development team is fantastically responsive.

Deployment is simple, especially with Jamf. .pkg installer, and a config profile with your preferences/settings/etc. You'll need to make sure you have the proper certificates in place, but that can be done through a profile or pkg if needed as well. Other than that, it "just works"

No real impact on the user that I've seen in our testing. CPU usage on my MP is minimal. On a test VM with only two cores, I'd see it occasionally spike up to about 20%, but again... 2 core VM with 4gb of RAM. On actual hardware I don't notice it running unless I make it a point to go look for it.

cmdGriggs
New Contributor II

@gachowski FWIW I'm the developer of cmdReporter and I'm still an active mac admin so it's good answers across the board for deployment, notarization, configuration, and updates. We also realize we are making some big claims for performance and monitoring capabilities so we offer generous trials, especially to those orgs with large infosec teams.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have here or on the macadmin slack (at)dancmd.

Patent-Ed
New Contributor

I just started testing cmdReporter and gleefully gathering audit control evidence that I had really been struggling to collect for too long before this. This is going to save in Splunk index costs also, I will post more in the future on that. I could not be happier about this software!