Anyone else having problems with the updated site?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Not really a Jamf Pro issue but posting here since I can't create a thread in the Community section...

After the forum update on 2023-04-20 this site is basically unusable with Safari (version16.4/16.4.1) - extremely slow page load times and unresponsive content when the page does load. The site is much more responsive in Chrome, but one would hope Jamf wouldn't produce a web site that didn't work well with Apple's native browser.

And what's with the "Open HTML promo area" block shown at the top of the right-side column of the Jamf Pro board? 

4 REPLIES 4

JustinV
Contributor

Hey @sdagley 

We are currently working to resolve a performance issue with Safari. Until we have this resolved, please use an alternate web browser.

- Justin

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

The site redesign seems a bit incomplete to me. I also see a "Open HTML promo area" block in the upper right side on certain pages/sections. I can't say I love the redesign. I had finally gotten used to the last redesign, and now another transition. I don't really see why it was needed.

I also don't like the gradation now showing in the text posting section. It's distracting. I don't need to see a fancy color gradation inside the box that I'm typing a response in. Please consider dropping that.

Hey @mm2270 

We definitely hear your concerns and appreciate you taking the time to address these items with us. I am passing along this information to my team. The Open HTML text is currently being investigated as well as any other wrinkles that come with pushing out a new design. Thanks for your understanding and patience! 

- Justin

JustinV
Contributor

Hey all,

Just wanted to provide an update on the following issues that have been resolved: 

-Safari slowness

- "Open HTML.."

- Gradient in text posting box

We appreciate the concerns brought up as it speaks volume to why we have such a great community! If there are any other items that come up please don't hesitate to reach out. 

- Justin