Anyone using Cortex XDR for malware?

jhuls
Contributor III

Our campus has been using McAfee for years on the Windows side and nothing other than what Apple provides for macOS. There is pressure to move to something different on Windows and implement something on the Mac side so Cortex XDR is going to be evaluated. I'm not familiar with it so I thought I would see if anyone else here is? We're looking for one product to address both platforms and possibly linux as well.

In addition if anyone wants to throw some recommendations into the hat here, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

udhayakumar
New Contributor

Hey

We are using XDR in our organization for almost three years and before it was named called Traps in that only the Endpoint protection functionality this cortex XDR is an advanced version of all native antivirus software, it's working well for all three platforms like Windows, Linux, and MAC. This is really good and advanced technology tool.

Regards,
Udhaya

Starlord
New Contributor II

I am experiencing issues with the creation of the Cortex XDR client where it will not execute correctly.

Below is a copy of the postscript within Composer:

#!/bin/sh

/Users/Shared/installer -pkg /Users/Shared/Cortex XDR/Cortex XDR.pkg -tgt / -applyChoiceChangesXML /Users/Shared/Cortex XDR/Config.xml

Below is the script used within Jamf Pro:

#!/bin/bash

sudo installer -applyChoiceChangesXML "/Users/Shared/Cortex XDR/Config.xml" -pkg "/Users/Shared/Cortex XDR/Cortex XDR.pkg" -target /

Best,
Silvio