anyone using SchoolDude? ITAMDirect?

spowell01
Contributor

Just asking around here to see if anyone else is using the 3rd party software School Dude? We are using the ITAM module for asset inventory and it involves an agent that we will need on each machine. I did a quick search and didnt find any other posts around this app. I tried to bake the agent into a lion image via instadmg as we dont have the casper software download link yet, and the agent was not quite functional.

4 REPLIES 4

freddie_cox
Contributor III

We used ITAM also with our IT Direct Ticketing system. I was fairly unimpressed. They never released a Lion capable installer while we subscribed so I'm not sure if they ever updated.

AndyBeaver
Contributor II

We use school dude (IT Direct and Maintenance Direct) terribly cumbersome and clunky. Luckily we have a sharepoint GENIUS who is currently making our own district ticketing system. I have however I have seen a few FMP databases that look really slick and efficient, but they were implemented in smaller school districts.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Our academy tried to push this on us and we ran away as quickly as was possible. I know this doesn't help you at all, but maybe if someone important over your way sees these responses it might help. We've developed our own ticketing system and it's great. Though there are certainly other fine web based ticketing systems. SchoolDude is one of the worst we've seen.

Why would you use ITAM when you have Casper?

John_Wetter
Release Candidate Programs Tester

We use Web Help Desk for ticketing and aggregating inventory data from Casper and other manual sources as well.