APN certificate upload issue with JSS 8.6 hosted on Windows Server 2008 R2

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

I cant upload the apple signed .pem file to JSS using the Push Notification Certificate Assistant with JSS hosted on Win 2008 R2 servers. In the "Upload Cert" field will reset to no files selected and show "You must upload your certificate" message in red at the top every time I select the .pem file and click continue.

See the linked pictures for better understanding ..

external image link

external image link

JSS Ver.:8.6
Server OS: Windows 2008 R2

Also I have tried Safari, FF to see if this is a browser issue but both browsers have the same issue.

I have been successful with uploading the .pem file from connecting to a JSS 8.6 WebApp hosted on a linux server in our DEV environment but we need to get this sorted as all our PROD servers are Windows Server 2008R2.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

Fixed.

It was a java version installation issue. Fixed it by correcting the JAVA_HOME environment variable in Computer --> Properties --> Advanced --> Environment Variables

All good. Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ernstcs
Contributor III

I loaded our files just fine on Windows Server 2008 R2 with 8.6. However, I used the IE browser right on the server itself without issue on both my production and development servers. Have you tried it directly on the server itself?

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

It turns out to be the main WebApps hosted on Windows Server 2008 R2 having this issue. Connected to another Windows hosted WebApp and all good. I wonder what's causing this issue on that specific WebApp?

So this is not server platform specific issue.

Support ticket logged with JAMF already.

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

Fixed.

It was a java version installation issue. Fixed it by correcting the JAVA_HOME environment variable in Computer --> Properties --> Advanced --> Environment Variables

All good. Thanks.

dsd-it
New Contributor

Thanks for the lead, but can you actually share what the appropriate JAVA_HOME variable should be?

dsd-it
New Contributor

Different resolution here.

I had to reapply the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6 and restart the entire Windows system to get this working.

My guess is that during a subsequent JDK upgrade installation the files reverted back to the default "limited" strength files.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Ran into the same issue this morning with another client... tried both of the fixes here (creating the JAVA_HOME environment variable, reapplying the jce7 policy files) and restarted the server, no dice. I've had the client open a support ticket, but wondering if anyone else has any other suggestions...