APNS - Invalid Certificate Signing Request

sebastienleroy
New Contributor II

Since this morning I am trying to get APNS to work for a customer. After downloading the signed CSR from JAMF. The apple certificate portal always gives the Invalid Certificate Signing Request error.
The Certificate Signing Request you entered appears to be invalid. Make sure that request file uploaded is in the correct format and not empty.

c043e44fdf9745069f7eb099b306464c

19 REPLIES 19

djozkow
New Contributor

Same problem here! Any help JAMF?

mtruskowski
New Contributor III

Same for us trying to renew our push certificate (thankfully we have 30 days still). Something wrong on Apple's end perhaps?

kish_jayson
Contributor

@sebastienleroy Thanks for the heads up! I was literally just about to renew ours, but am going to hold off a little bit before proceeding. Curious to see what's going on.

john_sherrod
Contributor II

I'm in the same boat. Actually attempting to set up our JAMF trial today. :-)

ttyler1999
Contributor

We are in the same boat. My account rep thinks it is a JAMF issue and is hoping to have some more info today.

bmortens115
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

anyone heard anything yet?

mradams
Contributor

JAMF is aware and is working to rectify the issue.

sethrymir
New Contributor

I am having the same issue here using a CSR from Meraki.

john_sherrod
Contributor II

I just went through the process of creating a Push cert again, and didn't get the error this time. I got a success message and was able to download the cert and add it to my JSS.

bmortens115
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

yep, JAMF said they fixed the issue and I was also about to create an APNS cert now

TimK
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Looks like it's fixed. I was able to create a new Push Cert without the error.

sebastienleroy
New Contributor II

I think the problem was on Apple's end. I used the same CSR file as yesterday. It works now.

sethrymir
New Contributor

I agree with Sebastien--I tried the same CSR later yesterday and this time it worked just fine.

gsrproductions
New Contributor

Same issue here... still.

tigsict
New Contributor

We are having this issue today. I have chatted with Jamf Support and they said:
"Hey Josh, if we are having issues with uploading the CSR file to Apple Push Portal and are getting the 'Invalid Certificate Signing Request' message, it is on Apple's end as I've also tried recreating this issue earlier and experienced this same problem.

The next step is to contact Apple Support as the issue is on Apple's side and there is no issues with Jamf Nation."

madapaka
New Contributor

@tigsict please let me know how you were able to resolve this, should be pretty straight forward process but unable to complete, tried it a number of times already to no avail.

Flaurian
Contributor

APNS identity.apple.com works for me now.

madapaka
New Contributor

Weird, it's now working.

mhastnm
New Contributor

Same here - just set up an account and immediately hit this issue.