App won't delete

reneejames
New Contributor

I have managed apps running on all iPads, I pushed out the app via self service......last fall. now I have some apps that I have Un-scoped and they will NOT delete from the iPad. The app is purchased and I am trying to retrieve the license. The majority of the other apps have been removed, once they were un-scoped, but a few will NOT on a select few iPads. Anything I can do to retrieve the license back?
These are iPads with 10.3.2 installed. I have tried to go to mobile devices, find the device, management tab and did a blank push or inventory update but no success.
Anyone else seen this and what have you done to retrieve the app/license back?

2 REPLIES 2

Malcolm
Contributor II

@ginnyg I've had this issue before, the appeared to be directly linked to vpp licensing and forced app update issues, I found that sometimes deleting the app from Settings > General Storage and iCloud Usage, will work and sometimes you will find that in the app store it is also appearing as if it is trying to install and you have to click stop, before deleting it.

Sometimes removing the end users iTunes / app store login also helps sometimes.

In other cases updating the IOS if it's a possibility, can also clean up these problems.

Not a great remedy to resolve the problem, when it occurs for 10-15 apps over 1000 ipads though mind you.

reneejames
New Contributor

Thanks, I will give this a try......