Apple Care Expiration

lpadmin
Contributor

I am wondering if there is a way to check in bulk if computers are still covered under apple care or if it has expired.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lpadmin
Contributor

So I talked to my Apple for EDU rep and I can send them a list of S/Ns and they will let me know which ones are covered one the ones that are not.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

There used to be a script you can run against a .CSV of serial numbers that would check Apple's site and output the info for you. It worked great! However, a year or so ago, Apple purposely locked down the website used to check by putting a nasty CAPTCHA requirement on it. So obviously the script can't handle that. It also means that you can't manually check more than 5 or 10 at a time before getting an alert from Apple saying "you've checked too many, come back later"
I think the only approved way of checking Warranty/Applecare expiration in bulk is with a GSX account... which can be a pain to get if you're a small organization.

lpadmin
Contributor

So I talked to my Apple for EDU rep and I can send them a list of S/Ns and they will let me know which ones are covered one the ones that are not.