Apple Configurator Cache

Vigeland
New Contributor

Anyone know how to flush the Apple Configurator cache?

After some updates, it will no longer allow me to enroll my iPads into JSS through Configurator (I can do it with the URL, but that would be no fun when doing 300+ iPads). We've narrowed it down to a cache problem.

I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall Config because I have 350 names entered and split into grade levels in order to put a lock screen picture and name on all devices.

Thanks,

Erik

7 REPLIES 7

tron_jones
Release Candidate Programs Tester

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.configurator/Data/Library/Caches

ahopkins
New Contributor II

These are all in carts?

If you refresh them they should go back to where they are placed. I had a cart of 30 a staff did a new profile on, all 30 left the jss and came right back after install.

Vigeland
New Contributor
~/Library/Containers/com.apple.configurator/Data/Library/Caches

Yep, I found where the cache is, but can I just trash the logs in there and then restart Configurator and it will create new logs in there? Without damaging what is currently saved in Config?

Vigeland
New Contributor
These are all in carts? If you refresh them they should go back to where they are placed. I had a cart of 30 a staff did a new profile on, all 30 left the jss and came right back after install.

These are in a 1:1. I think we are talking about different situations. I'm trying to enroll new iPads into JSS using a Config profile. I can do it with the URL, but not with the Profile I had previously used since an update. It seems to be pulling old info within Config instead of the new info I have it set to. That's why I was wondering if I dumped the cache, if that would maybe get rid of the old info it was trying to use.

tron_jones
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I have no experience tying this in production but I would think it would work. I'd suggest copying all the files to the desktop and not trashing them. This way if it doesn't work you can easily copy them back to the caches folder and be back where you were at least.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Please update the thread with your results. It seems weird that Configurator would apply old profile information. Did you say this is a new enrollment profile? If not you might want to re-download the enrollment profile for JSS and install it into Configurator.

Vigeland
New Contributor

Well, it was, and I had the JAMF team stumped.

What's the first thing you should do when having problems? Reboot, right? Guess what? I rebooted and it kicked the old profiles out and the new ones in. Works like a charm.