Apple configurator help

scharlick
New Contributor

After I used Apple configurator to be able to Supervise an Ipad I enrolled in. The issue I'm having is, do I need to use an apple ID to push programs to it? Is there a way around that? I have been using a shared Apple ID and i get notifications on every device when I add or make changes to one of them.

Also is there a way to lock the profile, with my configs on it, to the Ipad? I noticed that a user can just uninstall the profile and get functionality back.

6 REPLIES 6

reon
Contributor

Since you are posting questions at Jamf Nation, so I'm assuming you already have a Jamf Server.

Configuration Profiles can't be removed by users if they were pushed from Jamf Server.
So how did you installed the profiles? via Apple Configurator or Jamf Server?

scharlick
New Contributor

Thanks for the response, yes I have a jamf server. I have pushed it out via apple configurator as a blueprint so when i go to Supervise the device it loads them in on start up.

reon
Contributor

Why would you do that when you already have a Jamf server? Are the devices on DEP? use PreStage Enrollment to do auto-enrolment and supervision.
Use VPP to deploy Apps without sign-in of Apple ID. Use Configuration Profiles in your Jamf server to manage the profiles over the air

You can uninstall Apple Configurator if you already have Jamf + Apple Business/School Manager

scharlick
New Contributor

They are not DEP, bought from DOE over the last couple of years. I know there is a way to get the DOE to apply the devices to my ASM and then I can just use Jamf Pro like any other, but as of now, I do not have that functionality. I am using Configurator to supervise the devices.

reon
Contributor

which iOS versions are they on? no chances of adding them to your DEP?
users can remove the profiles if they were deployed from MDM.

Also, you can start deploying Apps from Jamf instead of Apple Configurator, so you don't need to sign in to Apple ID each of them

scharlick
New Contributor

thanks for your help, I have resolved the issue