Apple expands Device Enrollment Program

H3144-IT
Contributor II

So, will you start making use of it?!

Now that it is available in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy,Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Sweden,Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates & United Kingdom - after it was only available in the USA?!

13 REPLIES 13

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

AND, expands to third party resellers!

Seriously, who's buying direct from Apple...

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Well, I buy direct from Apple because I get better pricing from them than I do CDW or PCM. Of course, due to leasing issues I've been purchasing from CDW the last few purchases. :-)

mdonovan
New Contributor III

"Finally "

: )

marcusransom
New Contributor

Here in Australia we rarely buy direct from Apple so expanding the program to include resellers is a big win for us

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

I buy direct from Apple. On select items, we get a better cost than CDW or others.

matt_jamison
Contributor

We had a ton of MacBooks already purchased before Apple rolled out DEP. Bought from Apple directly but using a personal account.

Anyone know if this will help us get them into DEP?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

This is great, and Apple are including a few other countries that have traditionally been left behind on the first round of non-U.S rollouts.

miaharper
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi everyone,
Apple's announcement about the DEP expansion is pretty cool. I'm putting together a short press announcement about it, because of the impact it could have on our customers. Does anyone fancy being quoted on how it will affect the way they deploy new devices? Feel free to comment on my post below or email me directly at mia.harper@jamfsoftware.com.
Thanks!

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

It won't make much difference for classroom labs were we are using Casper Imaging, but for 1:1 education deployments and our corporate customers it means we can get the devices shipped straight to the user, knowing the inventory will be accurate.

Depending on the setups, the policies and general deployment processes are going to need some work but I do think this is going to streamline things.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Just FYI, we released some updated info yesterday.

General DEP for business page:
http://www.apple.com/business/dep/

Deployment Programs Help:
http://help.apple.com/deployment/programs

Unified Business & Education support area:
http://www.apple.com/support/business-education/

pbenham
Contributor

Hi Jared,

We've been using DEP for our Apple purchased iPads for some time now and it works well. What we haven't been able to do until now is enroll our iPhones as they are purchased directly from either AT&T or Verizon. My question is how do we go about getting their DEP Reseller ID from those 2 companies - is there a number we need to call - or should we contact our reps directly ( I don't get involved in the purchasing so I would have to talk to our telecom dept)?

Cheers

Paul

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Yesterday we essentially opened up APIs for our partners so they can integrate into our systems. I'd say keep talking to your Verizon reps to ensure they know this is a priority for you.

pbenham
Contributor

Hi Jared,

we have contacted both our Verizon and our AT&T reps about getting their DEP Reseller ID's. AT&T came back and said they didn't have a clue what we were talking about (we're still waiting for Verizon's reply). Is there any documentation that we can point them to to help educate them?

Thanks

Paul