Apple GSX, Purchasing > PO Date

johnklimeck
Contributor II

Question, I still do not have GSX functioning in our JSS, working on it.

Under "Purchasing", if one clicks the blue magnifying glass Search will it actually return the PO Date, all the time, some of the time?

I have got to get these PO Dates into our JSS as part of of Refresh cycle management.

Or do I have to get all the serial numbers to Apple, and get back a PO Date, and have that manually entered into the JSS

Thx in advance, John

4 REPLIES 4

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Check out this article and the comments:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=26

Even if you got it working right now, sounds like things will be changing in August.

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@johnklimeck I do not believe you will get the PO date back from Apple consistently. I know I haven't. If you already have the PO date and machine serial number in an Excel file, or in some other format, and can get it to CSV, you can use the API to add it to the computers. I was able to add Lease End dates to all of my machines in this method. I posted about it here:

API Put

Hope that gives you a starting point.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

PO and warranty date are very consistent for us. Applecare ID is usually blank until the machine is a year or so old, then all of a sudden that starts filling in if we do another lookup on the machine.

August is going to be miserable.

johnklimeck
Contributor II

Steve,

Thanks, I adapted your script, and I have that Warranty Expiring info now showing in the JSS. I suppose I can use this info to extrapolate when the Mac was purchased, since it would be 3 years prior, with AppleCare, and 1 year prior, if Apple was not purchased (or purchased and never registered).

But you are also saying if I was able to ascertain an Excel / CSV file of all of my Macs (I believe Apple can provide this), I can input this info into the JSS under the PO Date, that would be awesome, using your script (modding it), I can do that.

Thanks again,

John