Apple ID types

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I am just curious to know about all type of Apple ID we use either in enterprise or for personal use.

1. One is to sync contacts and to use iCloud for iPhone/iPad and Mac device

2. Developer ID for inhouse app to upload in AppStore

3. ABM ID for DEP and VPP app management, same can be use to download certificate to sign a package

Any other type is there and its purpose please?

3 REPLIES 3

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

there are two types of Apple ID.. personal and MAID and in enterprise you don't really want to be using personal Apple IDs.. cos you have zero control over them.. 

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

A user can have two types of Apple IDs: a Managed Apple ID and a personal Apple ID:

• A Managed Apple ID is owned and managed by your organization—including password resets and role-based administration. Users that are assigned to an employee plan can use it to sign in when enrolling a device into device management. It also provides access to iCloud for collaboration with iWork and backup on iPhone and iPad devices. Apple Business Essentials makes it easy for organizations to create and manage these accounts at scale.

• A personal Apple ID is used to access personal data such as Photos, iMessages, and other personal iCloud data when signed in to a personal device.

Hope this is clear to you.

I am not talking about end user's Apple ID only, developer of macOS/iOS/iPadOS they also use developer account which is also an Apple ID, I have one, and if I use it on my macOS, I will be able to sign in but cant get all services. So developer ID is also one kind of Apple ID, the creation link is different, I faced the problem when I used on my mac device and not able to sign into iCloud, later Apple support team told me that it is developer account, cant be used to get iCloud service.