Apple ID

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

I just wanted to know if there is any restriction to use same Apple ID for push notification can be used for ABM login for any order for VPP app or DEP device assignment. Or this two Apple Id has to be different and it is must?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Its best to use one AppleID for all of your certificates and VPP. In the end so long as you are consistent with the certificate you use, the appleID that was used to create it does not really matter. Just use something you do not ever want to change as you may need to re-enroll your entire environment to change the AppleID and have stuff still work.

View solution in original post

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

You just need to create the AppleID with Apple Business Manager. I suggest using a relatively specific appleID email address. This appleID will probably need to be shared, so put the password in a Password Vault and make it very complex. You will also want to enable MFA, and add the phone numbers of the people who will need access so they get the MFA texts from Apple.

You will need Apple Business Manager. If you have not already done so, reach out to Apple. This is their process to provide guidance for. As far as the certificates you need, JAMF will walk you though most of that. Just make sure to have the appleID and PW handy, and document everything you do.

Link to a third-party MDM server in Apple Business Manager - Apple Support

Push Certificates - Jamf Pro Administrator's Guide | Jamf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Its best to use one AppleID for all of your certificates and VPP. In the end so long as you are consistent with the certificate you use, the appleID that was used to create it does not really matter. Just use something you do not ever want to change as you may need to re-enroll your entire environment to change the AppleID and have stuff still work.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Asifahmed I agree with @AJPinto 's response on limiting the number of Apple IDs in use with the exception that I would suggest a separate Apple ID for ABM login, and that ID would _only_ be for ABM.

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

I am going to set up a JAMF system for a company, so planning for it. If one Apple ID is Ok for both APNs cert and ABM login then I will use only one Apple ID, no need to create another one. Please guide me.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

You just need to create the AppleID with Apple Business Manager. I suggest using a relatively specific appleID email address. This appleID will probably need to be shared, so put the password in a Password Vault and make it very complex. You will also want to enable MFA, and add the phone numbers of the people who will need access so they get the MFA texts from Apple.

You will need Apple Business Manager. If you have not already done so, reach out to Apple. This is their process to provide guidance for. As far as the certificates you need, JAMF will walk you though most of that. Just make sure to have the appleID and PW handy, and document everything you do.

Link to a third-party MDM server in Apple Business Manager - Apple Support

Push Certificates - Jamf Pro Administrator's Guide | Jamf

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

Ok, so I can use company's shared email address(Specific for this Apple domain) to create an Apple ID for ABM login and also the same email address(Apple ID) I can use to create a JAMF nation ID to download the CSR and the same Apple ID to download the push certificate?

So that it will a single email address for both Apple ID and JAMF nation ID.