Apple iWorks Problems in Version 3.3

martinp
New Contributor

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is having problems when they try to open Keynote, Pages, or Numbers on version 3.3?

4336cc6a9a9a4efab63533102187b947

This is only happening on iPads running iOS 11.0.1 and iWorks 3.3.

Some of the troubleshooting steps I have taken so far are the following;

1. Remove the app and reinstall.

2. Used the JSS to wipe iPad and wait for for applications to install. Once apps are install I open Keynote, Pages, and Numbers and the App opens, but when I click on any template I receive the error on the picture attach.

3. Used Apple Configurator and Restore the iPad.Once apps are install I open Keynote, Pages, and Numbers and the App opens, but when I click on any template I receive the error on the picture attach.

I contacted Apple and was escalated to the engineer department. If someone is having the same issues and you found a solution, please let me know.

Thanks,

Martin

2 REPLIES 2

spratt
New Contributor

I have had this issue happen to many of our student iPads. I contacted Apple Education Support and was able to get this issue resolved. Here is what I found in doing some troubleshooting with Apple Support:

1. Make sure that in your profile settings that "Allow Documents from managed apps" and "Allow Documents from unmanaged apps" is checked.
  2. On the iPads: Click on the new "Browse" button towards the bottom of the screen, then Locations at the top. You will want to turn off Google Drive or any other app that maybe connected for document storage. Note: You have to do this in Numbers and Pages too because these are having the same issue.

I hope this helps!

martinp
New Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your help. I will follow the steps you mention.

Martin