Apple TV Conference Room Mode Aerial Background

bburn
New Contributor II

It seems like something changed recently with the new tvOS. To setup the aerial background during conference room mode, we used to not force confroom mode using Jamf and our techs would do it manually on the TV. When doing so, they could set the aerial background. Now, the option to turn on confroom mode is grayed out. When I turn on confroom mode using Jamf, aerial is not set. How can we set the aerial background for use during confroom mode? I can't seem to find any documentation on this.

3 REPLIES 3

bburn
New Contributor II

Update on this in case if anyone runs into this and looks in the community. This is actually an issue with tvOS 12. Jamf Support has put in a RADAR ticket with Apple on this issue. I will update when I hear more.

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

I swear, sometimes it's like the AppleTV engineers have no clue how their own product is being used in many environments around the world. Yes, of course there are a lot of AppleTVs sitting in living rooms, but there are just as many (perhaps more) being used in classrooms, hotel rooms, conference rooms, and for digital signage.

theelysium
New Contributor III

Right, and still no fully functional management.