Apple TV + Touch Screen

jpavelka1
New Contributor II

Hi all,

Has anyone had success using an Apple TV device on a touch screen monitor and gotten the touch feature to work? Looking to replace full blown PCs with Apple TV's for large touch screens that are used to display a webpage with different data navigable by touch.

Any thoughts/successes you can share appreciated. So far all I have found out there is a bunch of "Apple TV is not a touch device" negative Nancy's. Hopefully some of you are creative and found a way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

So far all I have found out there is a bunch of "Apple TV is not a touch device" negative Nancy's. Hopefully some of you are creative and found a way.

That is a strange way of saying you cant accept that Apple did not add a touch interface to tvOS. Just wait until you realize there is no web browser in tvOS for you to display your webpage with.

I will leave with this parting comment. Apple designs their tools for a specific purpose. If you try to use those tools outside of that intended purpose you will not have a good time. AppleTV is a streaming content consumption device, not a POS tool, a smart whiteboard or a conference device. You probably want something like a Surface Hub, Vibe Smartboard, or Google jamboard. Apple does not have anything beyond the iPad which competes in this space, and the iPad really does not compete in this space due to size. If you must go with an Apple Product your best option is the Mac Mini, which is just another "full blown computer".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

So far all I have found out there is a bunch of "Apple TV is not a touch device" negative Nancy's. Hopefully some of you are creative and found a way.

That is a strange way of saying you cant accept that Apple did not add a touch interface to tvOS. Just wait until you realize there is no web browser in tvOS for you to display your webpage with.

I will leave with this parting comment. Apple designs their tools for a specific purpose. If you try to use those tools outside of that intended purpose you will not have a good time. AppleTV is a streaming content consumption device, not a POS tool, a smart whiteboard or a conference device. You probably want something like a Surface Hub, Vibe Smartboard, or Google jamboard. Apple does not have anything beyond the iPad which competes in this space, and the iPad really does not compete in this space due to size. If you must go with an Apple Product your best option is the Mac Mini, which is just another "full blown computer".