Apply a Dock to a Specific User

Not applicable

Hello All!

I am trying to get consistent operation when applying a user dock. I create the dock by capturing it in Composer while logged in as that user...let's say "student". I get it staged to be part of a policy that also creates said account on a freshly imaged machine (10.5) The dock gets applied, then the user account is created and at login, there are folders missing from the student account home folder (documents,pictures,library is incomplete, etc.) and the dock shows as expected for about 15 seconds then "refreshes" and the computer gives me back a dock that has the default user template merged with it. The console states "resetting sync client com.apple.dock since it has not been synced since (date)" I have tried separating this out into it's own policy to install at user logout but I get the same results. If I apply the dock via self service all is well. Am I simply running the process incorrectly?

I am using Casper 7.31 on a 10.6.8 server deploying a 10.5.8 macbook (I have used compiled and uncompiled images)

thanks in advance!

Pat Best
Springfield Public Schools

[http://www.sps.lane.edu/sps/lib/sps/info/sprlogo.png]

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Springfield Public Schools

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

I have a big piece figured out. I packaged the changes that iSync makes when you clear the sync data and applied it via policy. Viola! no more auto refreshing dock. Another possibility that I didn't test was to remove the DockSyncClient from inside the Dock.app. That would remove the process of the dock from asking syncservices to refresh.

Thanks,

Pat Best