Apps Disappearing in Applications Folder

dmaestre
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Recently, I've noticed that applications are disappearing from the Applications folder when running new policies from Self Service.

For example, Google Chrome is installed. Once I run a policy to install "Shoretel Communicator" it causes the application to be removed on the spot. I can see the policies just canceling out applications. Another app called Tunneblick that is used for VPN is causing the same thing.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

jimderlatka
Contributor

for what its worth I have seen the same... been trying to find it.. very weird
for me, its chrome and slack

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@jimderlatka Have you looked at the policy log for the item you're installing which causes the removal of the apps to see if there are any clues there? Or the policy logs in general for the computers exhibiting the problem to see if some other policies are being triggered?

jimderlatka
Contributor

yes, it appears normal.. I can see the installs happening as expected, and that matches self service activity log
its very weird....

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@jimderlatka It is always the installation of the same apps that trigger the removal of Chrome and Slack for you? If so, if you look at the .pkgs from your DP for those apps using Suspicious Package do you see any scripts that might be doing the removal?