Apps greyed out and not launching

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III

Hi all,

Haven't posted here in a while - summer holidays and all :) We are seeing iPads here that have started to load, but then stopped and are now stuck on greyed out icon and tapping them doesn't do anything. I also can't delete them - pressing the X for deleting them doesn't do anything.

Anyone experiencing the same, and what is the solution?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

jduvalmtb
Contributor

If they're deployed via the JSS, my usual fix is to unscope the App to that device, & run and Update Inventory. That usually removes the App from the device. Then rescope and Update Inventory again. Cumbersome, but I haven't found another useful fix.

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III

Yes, but we have 60+ apps scoped, so I'd have to go and exclude that device from each of those apps, which is WAY too much work when you have many devices. I restored the device in this case, but that still doesn't solve the issue.

jduvalmtb
Contributor

I also have a static group added to iOS Mobile Device Apps Exclusions lists, and I'll add devices with issues to that group to help alleviate the situation you describe. I also don't have 60+ Apps, so that may not be effective for you, either.