Are my policies failing because jam binary can be found?

CapU
Contributor III

Sending Wake On LAN command...
Opening SSH Connection to xxxxxxxx...
Authenticating...
Successfully authenticated.
Verifying Computer's Identity...
The MAC Address has been verified.
Checking Operating System Version...
Running Mac OS X 10.10.4 (14E46)
Verifying /usr/local/jamf/bin/jamf...
/usr/local/jamf/bin/jamf is current (9.81)
Verifying /usr/sbin/jamf...
/usr/sbin/jamf does not exist.
Verifying /Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.jamf.plist...
Preparing Policy...
Executing Policy 2015-12-07 at 8:41 AM | mwindham | 3 Computers...
Mounting JSSFSNV1 to /Volumes/CasperShare...
Error: Could not mount distribution point "JSSFSNV1".
Submitting log to https://XXXXXXXX:8443/
Finished.

5 REPLIES 5

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Your policy's failing because it can't mount your distribution point

Error: Could not mount distribution point "JSSFSNV1".

The line:

/usr/sbin/jamf does not exist.

only shows up because of the recent jamf binary move from /usr/sbin/ to /usr/local/jamf/bin/. It found it in one location, but not the other, but the line above is not an error, just a note.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@CapU you have an error regarding your CasperShare not mounting. Maybe you have an issue with your distribution point. Can you verify that you can mount the distribution point on a test computer?

Edit: @mm2270 beat me to the post. ;-)

CapU
Contributor III

HI folks

I was experiencing some issues last week with the list. point not mounting. We had recently stated using a svc-account name which is a Domain account for Casper Read, CasperRead/Write access. I created sone local accounts to see if the mount errors would go away. I changed back to using the Domain accounts this morning and I can mount the share. I also noticed on the client machines the share was not being un-mounting casuing the mount issues.
I went thorough all of my policys this morning and added "diskutil unmount /Volumes/CasperShare*". Hope this helpsf7a20f367929469a81354c4ffe3a0434

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@CapU Shouldn't you try to figure out the cause of the issue as well? It just seems like you've put a bandaid to what could be a bigger problem. The CasperShare should be unmounting on its own. Have you tried reaching out to your JAMF Buddy?

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

@CapU If you are looking for the root cause you might want to check this out:
There is a defect that can prevent SMB shares from mounting properly when using an AD service accoun...

The defect number has changed, but it is still present in 9.81. I'm hoping it gets resolved this month.