Ask for password when waking from sleep

nextyoyoma
Contributor

I have this manual setting configured in my configuration profile, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. The setting shows up in the preference domain for com.apple.screensaver in the "managed client" section of System Information, but it does not ask for password after wake from sleep, nor does the preference appear to be set in "Security and Privacy." Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

This has happened to me before. In my case, the computer was going into sleep mode before the screen saver was launching. Try changing the sleep timeout and see if that helps.

nextyoyoma
Contributor

But the password is supposed to apply to wake from sleep AND return from screensaver. Mine doesn't work on either one. And as I said, the preference doesn't appear to be set in system preferences.

nextyoyoma
Contributor

whoops, doublepost.

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

Config profiles are a nightmare. You will mostly find a lot of things not working (external removable media can't be set as read only)

I think you have stumbled upon another.

You need to either script it or use mcxToprofile to get the job done.

kdemian
New Contributor

Where did you set this option in the configuration profile? I don't even see that option available to force a password when it awakes.

nextyoyoma
Contributor

I have also had a lot of trouble with configuration profiles. I can't get them to even install OTA most of the time. Very frustrating.

msnowdon
Contributor

We have this set in Managed Preferences. It requires a password to wake from sleep or screensaver. Works great!