Auto launch and login to Jamf Connect Sync

lchavez
New Contributor II

Hey everyone!

We've recently joined the Jamf family and are working on configuring Jamf Connect and Jamf Pro. One of the first things we are trying to do is deploy Jamf Connect Login and Jamf Connect Sync. We are deploying Jamf Connect Login during the PreStage enrollment and then have a policy pushing Jamf Connect Sync right after enrollment is complete.

So far we have successfully pushed both applications and Login is working exactly as we needed it to work. However, we have not been able to figure out a way to auto launch sync once the user logs in and auto login to the application as well. Since the users already login with their Okta accounts, is there any way these credentials are passed through between both applications? Any guidance in the right direction would be extremely helpful!

Thanks, Luis!

6 REPLIES 6

tjhall
Contributor III

Did you get anywhere with this? We got the same issue, the login works but it requires a second aithentication and seems related to the fact that the Jamf Connect sync keychain item isn't created until the second login/authentication has happened.

mlawniczak
New Contributor III

We created a configuration profile that contains a Login Item to make sure that Jamf Connect Verify is launched when the user logs in, i'm guessing you could do the same thing with sync. Most of our users are Software Developers with admin access so we have some remediation stuff setup in case they try to "customize" their systems.

tjhall
Contributor III

Thanks for getting back to me.
Our problem is that it launches ok but doesn't populate it with any details. It automatically creates a "Jamf Connect Verify" entry in keychain but doesn't create the "Jamf Connect Sync" entry until after the second login (which i think it should do)

Could you possibly share the profile settings just on case?
Thanks

lchavez
New Contributor II

I reached out to support and apparently despite being part of the same product, they run completely independently so for now we need the second authentication. I'm now trying to get a launch agent to get chrome as default instead of Safari but can't seem to get it working.

tjhall
Contributor III

@ChavezThomas We're in the same situation concerning Safari, we want to change it to Chrome as well.
If you find out how to do then please let me know. Thanks!

lchavez
New Contributor II

@tjhall after working with support for a week they said this needs to be a feature request. I've already submitted it, here is the link to vote for it!

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/8649/jamf-connect-sync-chrome-launchagent