Automated emails

jgwatson
Contributor

Is it possible to schedule an email in JSS for any Smart Mobile Device Groups results.

E.g. Send out an automated email every three days to those people who still haven't updated to the latest iOS.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

EDIT: I completely glossed over the fact that you're looking to do this to mobile devices and not Macs. The information below would only work on OS X systems. There is no way I know of to do the same for iOS devices. Maybe someone knows of something, but I kind of doubt it.

Original post below
Not directly from the JSS that I'm aware of, but scripts can be built that will send an email from the client to themselves. There are several ways it can be done.

Look here in this Feature Request for a basic idea on how this could work:
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=611

However, to do this on a schedule may take a little more work in the policy. Maybe set it to Once a week frequency, or set it to Once every day frequency, but the Date & Time limitations to run only on certain days, so its not emailing them every single day for example.

There are other more advanced ways of having the client send the email through an account on an Exchange server, but that may be overkill for what you're looking for.

jgwatson
Contributor

Thanks, I hope this gets added soon....I looked at switching to another MDM and they said it was a pretty popular feature. One of the examples was sending multiple emails per day to get the message across to a stubborn user.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Removed post as I misread the original question.