Automatic updating of iOS apps not working on 9.98

nigelmarrion
Contributor

We have been using the functionality to automatically update iOS apps with out problem for more than a year. It has stopped working since we updated to JSS 9.98.

The last time this stopped working was when iOS 9.2 came out that took months to solve.

Our student iPads do not have the App Store. The only work around that we know of is to have the student reinstall the app from Self Service to get the most recent version. This is a pain!

We have opened a support case but have not heard anything yet. Is anyone else seeing the same problem?

13 REPLIES 13

mbinder
New Contributor

It is possible that we have the same problem.
I need to investigate further.
For us Keynote is not being updated to the latest version.

I will contact support.

Matt
Athenian

jgwatson
Contributor

Known bug with Jamf hot fix coming next week.

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@jgwatson do you have the defect number?

jgwatson
Contributor

@jhbush1973 Didn't ask for it, Jamf buddy told me.

petedogg
New Contributor II

I'm wondering if its PI-003112 ?

If so, it has been broken for us for a while.

Pete

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Anyone running 9.98 not seeing this issue? Jamf told me this issue has been around awhile, but I'm on the prior hot fix without issue. I don't want to upgrade if it will definitely break and this isn't something easily tested in a dev env.

PI-003769 is the # Jamf gave me on this btw

nigelmarrion
Contributor

As I had not heard anything since I open my support case on 3/31 I called into JAMF support this morning.

This situation is an acknowledged defect in the 9.98 release. It is being tracked as PI-003769

No ETA of a fix yet, or whether it will be a hotfix or maintenance release. I just need it fixed ASAP!

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

We've heard that a hotfix might be coming for this issue.. & as such, we've held off updating our customers JSS's to 9.98

nigelmarrion
Contributor

I assumed 9.98 was needed to support iOS 10.3. JAMF stated they were going to update all hosted customers to 9.98 upon release.

I don't know if our hosted environment was updated because I requested it or if all hosted customers were.

This is a serious defect in my opinion. JAMF made a big deal of pre-zero day support of iOS 10.3. I just hope this is not signalling a return to the product quality issues that impacted JSS back in 2014-15.

murph
New Contributor III

Anyone hear of an update as to when the hotfix that is suppose to fix this issue is to be released?

nigelmarrion
Contributor

We were contacted about the hot fix being available on 4/18/17. It does resolve the problem, but I had to "force updates" to catch up on missed updates before the hot fix was applied.

Let's hope that JAMF QA release testing has been updated to validate that app updates work before a new JAMF version is released.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Any updates on this issue? We're still holding off on 9.97.1488392992 for now.

murph
New Contributor III

@CasperSally Ask your Jamf buddy for the 9.98.1491253513 hotfix. It fixes the issue. We've been running the hotfix for about a month now.