Autonomous Single App Mode apps Restriction

tobiaslinder
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi
I can't find any documentation on the new "Autonomous Single App Mode apps" restriction in the iOS Profiles. Can someone explain me what it does?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

It allows an app to lock itself into single app mode and release itself from single app mode. Example would be a testing app. Once the user logs in it locks itself into the app so the user can't switch to safari. It can request to unlock itself once the user hits log out. In the spring Pearson recommended this as the way to do state testing for months. Then a couple weeks before testing said that it wasn't functioning with the update they just pushed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

It allows an app to lock itself into single app mode and release itself from single app mode. Example would be a testing app. Once the user logs in it locks itself into the app so the user can't switch to safari. It can request to unlock itself once the user hits log out. In the spring Pearson recommended this as the way to do state testing for months. Then a couple weeks before testing said that it wasn't functioning with the update they just pushed.

tobiaslinder
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks Nick!

joelande
Contributor

I just tested this with TestNav by adding it to a clone of my students configuration profile and I can report it worked pretty slick.

iPad works normally.
You can launch and exit the TestNav app anytime.
As soon as you sign in to take a test, it locks the iPad to TestNav.
Once you submit your results, it frees the iPad up again.

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Does it work if the app store is removed? Last year it did not...

ameeth
New Contributor

Is there any documentation for Autonomous Single App Mode using Jamf Pro?