AWS Cloud Distribution Point

mkunesh
New Contributor III

I completed the setup for the AWS distribution point and I am curious how to setup my clients to use that as their DP while they are outside of my network. Do I simply want to make that my master distribution point? With the network segments I have internal DPs set, so they should be pulling down packages from those DPs while on my various networks. Then while not on network segments that I've created, the client would pull from the master distribution point on AWS. Is that how it should be configured?

4 REPLIES 4

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

You'd preferably want to make your master on your local network, due to testing/faster transfer speeds.. As your master is where everything will replicate from...

As for config, yes anyone outside of your network should hit the cloud dp, also i've set the Cloud DP to be the failover for the internal DP's, that way users will always get served what they need regardless of location.

mkunesh
New Contributor III

Where do you set the cloud DP as the failover? When I edit my various DPs, and view the list of Failover DPs, the cloud DP is not an option to select.

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

that might have changed, our cloud dp is a hacked way to use box.com as one.. its not the "official" cloud dp that jamf provides.

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

double post